This is a programme an organisation can join, the programme enhances and brings awareness skills to the thousands of drivers, passengers and volunteers using minibuses through the course of their work.
As everyone agrees the task of driving a minibus requires skills over and above those required to drive a car.
At Four Towns and Vale Link Community Transport we are proud to have our own MIDAS trainers ensuring our staff and volunteers are trained to a high standard recognised nationally.
The scheme started in Hampshire where a detailed study of minibus driving and a consultation with voluntary and statutory groups operated minibuses. The outcome was that all MIDAS trained drivers will:
- Be assessed to ensure their driving skills are of an acceptable standard.
- Given help where necessary to improve their minibus driving skills.
- Be aware of the legal, practical and safety issues surrounding minibus driving.
- Be trained in the safe use of wheelchair accessible minibuses where necessary.
- Receive a certificate that is accepted by other MIDAS members.
Training is carried out in our air conditioned training suite. In pleasant surroundings which is easily accessed from all areas with good road links.
We can be flexible with dates, times to suit an individual’s existing commitments. We supply refreshments, have a full screen in our air conditioned suite.
Our vehicles are fully accessible with the correct specialist equipment enabling us to train prospective drivers how to use the tail lift and secure someone who is in a wheelchair.
We only allow drivers that have successfully completed MIDAS training to drive our minibuses.
Prices for MIDAS Training
*Training is free for Four Towns and Vale Link volunteers.
(For a limited time only from now till the 15th of December 2016 we are running a special offer)
- Full Accessible Training held during the week during the week comprising 1.5 days £120
- Refresher Accessible Training during the week comprising 1 full day £75
- Full Accessible Training held during the week during the week comprising 1.5 days £150
- Refresher Accessible Training during the week comprising 1 full day £100
Should Monday-Friday not be convenient we can provide training on a weekend. Please contact for availability and prices.
For Further details, please contact Nigel Davis or Joy Oxenham on 01454 419 372